Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Loving You Regardless of ......"You"


At my job today I was asked to write an article on Fitness and Healthy Weight which is basically being healthy at "any size". I got a little stuck since we are supposed to repeatedly reiterate the fact that a waist circumference above 40 for men and 35 for women is completely unacceptable!
Well lets just say that I'm still working on that. As for my "real life" aside from work, I believe that this Healthy Weight at any size makes sense because its basically telling us to have that balance of health and weight!
You see I was very thin for the majority of my life, not because I didn't eat or because I worked out too much, it was because I naturally had a very fast metabolism and I couldn't gain a pound to save my life. The same goes for a person who was naturally heavy set! They probably didn't binge eat and sit around all day, yet and still their weight would stay put do to slow metabolism, thyroid condition, or simply genetics.
What I've come to realize is that a Healthy person can be Large or Small just like an unhealthy person can! So anyways, the moral of my story is LOVE yourself by staying Healthy i.e proper diet and fun exercises, regardless of what you do or don't look like!

JUST BE HEALTHY.......At any weight :)

No comments: