1. Too much Protein-check ingredient list.
2. Too much moisture- mushy hair w/ no structure.
3. Too much manipulation- Stop playing in your hair
4. Fine tooth combs- there are exceptions, but be careful
5. Bristle Brushes- Not on my fine hair!
6. Cheap, Bad Products- Alcohols don't do well in my hair!
7. Too much Heat- I don't even own a flat or curling iron (use protectant)
8. Super Tight Braids/Styles-Too much Pulling
9. Weather- Cover that hair in the cold
10. Hair Type/Genetics- YES! IT'S TRUE. Not all hair is as elastic as the next. You will see people with long hair that treat it like crap, and people with shorter hair that treat it like silk! Breakage can be due to the fact that your hair naturally or chemically (relaxed) has little elasticity. For some, breakage is rarely if ever a problem. But if your like me, you see a little breakage no matter what! My hair is VERY Healthy, I have a good moisture/protein balance and I use great products. I've come to realize that Its okay, just as long as you keep taking great care of your hair the breakage will continue to be MINIMAL. My hair is still soft and growing, its just NOT that elastic. It is also fragile and fine, exactly like my Mother's. I am gentle with my hair and I see great results. So Don't let a little break here and there get you down!...Just Keep on Keeping on!