Friday, March 20, 2009

Reason for Hair Breakage (Nikki's Version)

I've been a Hair Fanatic for about 6 months now and I've learned ALOT about not only my hair but hair in general! My heart goes out to those that do a million things to their hair a week...and just can't stop the breakage! Here is MY Personal list of reasons why hair will, could, or may break (did that sentence just hurt you brain?? lol). Okay, Here it goes!
1. Too much Protein-check ingredient list.
2. Too much moisture- mushy hair w/ no structure.
3. Too much manipulation- Stop playing in your hair
4. Fine tooth combs- there are exceptions, but be careful
5. Bristle Brushes- Not on my fine hair!
6. Cheap, Bad Products- Alcohols don't do well in my hair!
7. Too much Heat- I don't even own a flat or curling iron (use protectant)
8. Super Tight Braids/Styles-Too much Pulling
9. Weather- Cover that hair in the cold

10. Hair Type/Genetics- YES! IT'S TRUE. Not all hair is as elastic as the next. You will see people with long hair that treat it like crap, and people with shorter hair that treat it like silk! Breakage can be due to the fact that your hair naturally or chemically (relaxed) has little elasticity. For some, breakage is rarely if ever a problem. But if your like me, you see a little breakage no matter what! My hair is VERY Healthy, I have a good moisture/protein balance and I use great products. I've come to realize that Its okay, just as long as you keep taking great care of your hair the breakage will continue to be MINIMAL. My hair is still soft and growing, its just NOT that elastic. It is also fragile and fine, exactly like my Mother's. I am gentle with my hair and I see great results. So Don't let a little break here and there get you down!...Just Keep on Keeping on!


~Kisses♥ Nikki

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really great for newbies. Thanx Nikki.

Anonymous said...

Thats true. We gotta find the right balance of products and routine thats right for our own hair. So many people think that following someone elses routine is going to work,but really it depends on your own head of hair.

♥ Nikki ♥ said...

Im glad u agree Tam. We gotta do what works for Us.

Anonymous said...

I have fine hair too butI have alot of hair which gives me thickness. I was looking into brushes. I was told the a 100% boar bristle brush was not damaging. How do u feel about that?

♥ Nikki ♥ said...

I'm a little biased with it comes to brushes, so I'm not the best person to ask about them, lol. Its just the feel of the bristles on my hair that bother me. I like paddle brushes with beads on the ends of the bristles. Traycee from k.i.s.s did a review on the nylon/boar bristle brush that she really likes. Here is the link: http://keepitsimplesista.blogspot.com/2009/01/umberto-beverly-hills-nylon-bristle201.html
This one seems pretty safe to use & may even be healthy for your hair!

Anonymous said...

yea I'm going to make my appt with Medhan thursday!

Anonymous said...

You are so cool! I do not believe I've read something like that before. So good to discover someone with some original thoughts on this issue. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This web site is one thing that's needed on the web, someone with a bit of originality!
Take a look at my page :: What is addiction?