Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The REAL Me

I started Blogging almost 7rs ago when pretty much no one else was. It was before Facebook, Myspace and Twitter were even spoken of and right around the time when Blackplanet was starting to bore urban society. It was before blogging was all about fashion, make-up, helping and impressing others.....Blogging was about helping Yourself. It was an online diary full of secrets and life lessons that you would never want co-workers and distant family members to stumble across as they searched the web. My blog was ME, and I miss writing so freely.
The other day I spent hours reading through my now retired blog that was titled "My Mind In Motion". I laughed, teared-up, and was amazed at how open and real I was on the Internet! The same Internet that is now used by practically everyone on earth from a grandmother to a 7yr old child! There was no option to follow or to be followed by others and you felt safe to say whatever you wanted while welcoming the feedback from strangers just like you. I only had a couple of comments here and there from my favorite bloggers of all time (My Bloggettes) all of whom have retired their original blogs as well. Funny thing is that I never met my bloggettes but we remain friends through email til this day. It's crazy how the future suddenly happens and you find yourself adapted to the newer version of life........
I looked back and grabbed something from my old blog last night and that was my passion for the art of self expression through writing. I'm a Poet, a Writer, and an Artist, now and forever.

Excerpt from My Mind In Motion Blog
I WAS SAFE
I was safe at 16. I had my whole life ahead of me. I didn't have many responsibilities, and all I needed were my journals. The memories of those times are warm. They have that pretty glow to them and there's always a soft sunshine in the vision. I was protected from my future and all the intense life lessons it was ready to bring. I was still new to life and all its capabilities. I can never again be that 16yr old or relive those moments...but I can smile at the beautiful thought of having been her... A long time ago, in a world all my own, creating visions of a future that never happened; but smiling in the safety of knowing it would.

I was safe. July 2007

never lose your passion for what you love....the REAL you, should always shine through.
Peace Nikki

3 comments:

*Dayna* said...

i can really relate to this. i ended my blog a few months ago and i miss it, your blog inspires me.

Kiaana08 said...

I love this post. Although no tears fell from my eyes, I started tearing up cuz for a minute I pictured myself back when I was 16 and it's kinda funny that I felt the same way at this age. You are an excellent writer. I look forward to reading more of your posts. If you have time, would you also swing by my blog and check it out: http://realtalk7.blogspot.com/
It entails celebrity news, world news, and personal content.

♥ Nikki ♥ said...

Aww! Thanks Dayna and Kianna!! I really appreciate the love. I'm going to check ur site out now Kianna.